This week’s pop culture controversies according to the blue twin:
- Yes to HP7:2. I’ve read the books and I wouldn’t say I’m a massive fan, but the movie didn’t disappoint. Neville Longbottom is a champion. Mrs Weasley is hardcore.
- I’ve joined Google+ but remain unconvinced at this point. Sorry, early adopters.
- Patrick Reid over Chris Havel. I can’t even believe there’s a debate on this. Patrick believes in talking to make a relationship work. What’s the point of being with the magic ‘one’ if you spend your time together not saying things? Plus, Chris’s side-part is all wrong. And I like Patrick’s tattoo.
- Go Julia. Call her back-stabbing or staged or whatever but that woman is cool under pressure.
- Carbon tax is not what we’d hoped for but I don’t see the point in doing nothing while we wait for something better. For me, it’s less a question of what it will achieve environmentally and more an issue of what having one (however insignificant) will do to our hearts.
- Finally, I’m a sucker for what Arthur calls baby animal porn.
Tamie Davis is an Aussie living in Tanzania, writing at meetjesusatuni.com.