So you’re driving along a highway in Tanzania. The car or truck in front of you has its right blinker on. What does it mean? Possible messages include:
1. I am about to overtake the car(s) in front of me.
2. You should overtake me (and possibly the cars in front of me) on the right; there’s no one coming in the opposite direction.
3. Don’t overtake on the right; there’s someone coming in the opposite direction.
4. I am about to turn right.
5. I forgot to take my right blinker off.
Tamie Davis is an Aussie living in Tanzania, writing at meetjesusatuni.com.