We’ve just arrived back from 10 days on the Mornington Peninsula, thanks to a generous friend from church who lent us her family’s holiday house. Hence the lack of blogtivity!
It’s the first real holiday we’ve had in years. Trips to Europe and Africa are exciting and spending time with family and friends in Adelaide helps to re-connect but they’re not actually that restful. One measure of a good holiday for me is how much fiction I read.
Let’s just say, this was a good holiday! Expect reviews and reflections on the following soon!
- The Messenger, by Marcus Zusak (after I read The Book Thief a few weeks ago)
- The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant
- Year of Wonders, by Geraldine Brooks
- The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
Tamie Davis is an Aussie living in Tanzania, writing at meetjesusatuni.com.