Several years ago while we were in Dodoma I was asked to write a chapter for a book compilation of stories of Aussie missionary mums. For the Joy has now been published and launched.
“From the desert to the mountains, from remote far-flung places to some of the most populated cities in the world, For the Joy brings together 21 unique perspectives on what it’s really like being a mother on the mission field.
- home-schooling while living in a bus
- giving birth in a foreign hospital
- navigating the toddler years as a ‘third culture mum’ [This is my chapter!]
- raising a child with special needs recovering from anxiety on the field
- the grief of losing your family to persecution
Honestly written, raw in emotion, sad and joyful in equal measure, this collection of stories offers insight into the complexities of parenting children while serving God far from home.”
I was asked to make a short video for the launch, reflecting on some of what I wrote in my chapter and what has changed for me.
Categories: Written by Tamie
Tamie Davis is an Aussie living in Tanzania, writing at meetjesusatuni.com.